7.3: instant panic upon connecting a umass

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Thu Apr 8 00:33:46 UTC 2010

Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 07/04/2010 14:20 Julian H. Stacey said the following:
> > I wonder if it's eg a corrupt FS not being fsck'd first ?
>
> Have you given a look to the backtrace that Mikhail had posted?

Not looked.  It was a URL, not text in mail.

> I think that it answers your question.

If I wasn't tired & out of depth, :-)
If mine was crashing, I'd first comment out devd entry to
identify & state to list what command fails, before trying kgdb.

I see
	http://aldan.algebra.com/~mi/tmp/usb-crash.txt
has
	Loaded symbols for /opt/modules/fuse.ko
man mount_fusefs

Oh well, not used Fuse, &
I've got my own crashes on 7 & 8.0-REL to amuse me ;-)
	(mine from an encrypted usn stick with:
	sync ... manual umount ... remove media ... then
	devd.conf with
		detach	1000 ...
	 		action  "gbde detach /dev/da0s2 ;        ...
	)

Cheers,
Julian
--