usb/139142: [regression] ehci drivers (NVIDIA nForce4 USB 2.0 controller ) not working with 8.0-RC1

Olivier Cochard-Labbé olivier at cochard.me
Sun Sep 27 19:39:08 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 9:16 AM, Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net> wrote:

> Have you tried only disabling USB Legacy support?

No change with USB Legacy support disabled on the BIOS: kernel still
hang on the same place.

> There is another USB related thread going on:
>
> "sb600/sb700 ohci experimental patch" on -current.
>
> Have you tried any patches from there?

No change with this patch: kernel still hang on the same place.
I hope that my patched ohci.c h was correct because I need to
"manualy" patch the file: the given patch file have an error:

[root at d630]/usr/src/sys/dev/usb/controller#patch < patch-2.diff
Hmm...  Looks like a unified diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:
|diff --git a/sys/dev/usb/controller/ohci.c b/sys/dev/usb/controller/ohci.c
|index 30592c1..fb6ba34 100644
|--- a/sys/dev/usb/controller/ohci.c
|+++ b/sys/dev/usb/controller/ohci.c
Patching file ohci.c using Plan A...