Polling support for USB serial port adapters

Greg Rivers gcr+freebsd-current at tharned.org
Sat Sep 26 02:56:10 UTC 2009

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> At EuroBSDcon 2009 I was requested to add support for polling mode to
> the USB serial port adapters alike UKBD and UMASS.
>
> Which USB serial port adapters should have this support at first? And I
> also need someone to volunteers testing this!

I'd be happy to test the umct driver that you repaired last week.  Thanks
again for that.

I've been trying to use the recently added VirtualBox serial pass-through
feature with the umct driver to allow a program running in a Windows guest
OS to load data onto an old GPS, but no luck.  Might it be the lack of
polling support that prevents this from working?

--
Greg Rivers