kern/137806: USB keyboard doesn't work until it's unplugged

Alfred Perlstein alfred at freebsd.org
Mon Sep 7 03:25:12 UTC 2009

* Rashid N. Achilov <citycat4 at ngs.ru> [090905 10:40] wrote:
> On Saturday 05 September 2009, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
>
> > I looked at the error report and noticed this problem was reported on 7.2.
> I'm
> > mostly working on issues reported on 8.x. Is this issue the same on 7.2 and
> > 8.0-BETA3, just for reference?
>
> I don't know, I haven't any 8.x installations. On my side I'll install 8.x
> only after 8.1 releasing - after installing 4.0 I have hard belief,
> that "dot-zero release" is only another name "widely testing public beta".

When you factor in the combination of hardware platforms and usage
patterns it really makes sense to try a .0 release or even -current
every so often to report bugs.

This is so that when that .1 release comes out, your bugs are addressed.

I agree it wouldn't make sense to deploy a .0 release en-masse without
testing/qualifying, but refusing to look at it just doesn't make sense.

--
- Alfred Perlstein
.- AMA, VMOA #5191, 03 vmax, 92 gs500, 85 ch250