usb/138548: usb devices periodically have unknown activity

Alexander Yerenkow yerenkow at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 13:30:07 UTC 2009

>Number:         138548
>Category:       usb
>Synopsis:       usb devices periodically have unknown activity
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
My usb devices have light indicators on them.
When I put usb flash/bluetooth adapter in PC with windows, it read it for a few seconds, and after that nothing, no actifity, no lights. Only If I copy/read something, then lights are seen.
In FreeBSD I see other behaviour, Bluetooth adapter blinks about every 2 seconds; Corsair Voyager GT (usb flash disk) - in about 1-1,1 seconds.
That's wrong, I think.