usb/82660: [ehci] [panic] EHCI: I/O stuck in state 'physrd'/panic

Stefan Walter stefan at freebsd.org
Mon Nov 30 20:50:03 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR usb/82660; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Stefan Walter <stefan at freebsd.org>
To: GNATS <FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org>
Subject: Re: usb/82660: [ehci] [panic] EHCI: I/O stuck in state
 'physrd'/panic
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 21:46:49 +0100

 No news after a few years: After updating to 8.0-RELEASE, the problem
 still exists - using dd to read data from a USB stick with EHCI loaded
 occasionally results in dd being stuck in physrd or cbwait. After a while,
 dd aborts and the kernel emits the following message:

 (da2:umass-sim0:0:0:0): Synchronize cache failed, status == 0x4, scsi status == 0x0

 Is there any helpful information I could provide?

 Best regards,
 Stefan