[keyboard] ukbd stops working after filesystems mount at boot time

Travelling Particle 166162 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 00:08:15 UTC 2009

> > > There was a recent EHCI interrupt patch. I'm not sure if it is committed to
> > > 9-current yet.

> > Do you mean there was a patch that might have caused this problem, or the
> > patch fixing this problem? Also, I'm on 8-RC3, not 9-CURRENT
> >

> I mean fixing.

Well, indeed there're changes, but they're not good for me. I've tried
to boot 8.0-RELEASE and keyboard appears to be dead when I need to
type the geli password at root mount. Sometimes it's possible to send
the passphrase by hitting Enter, but not every hit does so, and the
passphrase entered appears to be wrong. I suppose certain keypresses
are just dropped. Can't say much about empty lines interleaving the
output of the late stage, as that would be happening later, after root
fs is mounted.

Is there anything I can do to debug the problem or help? I'm back to
using RC3 now, since I can at least enter the passphrase and boot the
system.