[problem]: unexpected endpoint with Sony PS3 Controller

Deniz daimler3 at googlemail.com
Fri May 15 01:27:26 UTC 2009

Hey guys,

my problem is that I cannot connect the Playstation 3 Controller (I'm using
the old one ("Sixaxis"))
to my PC running FreeBSD 7.2 Stable and then use it.

This is the output of dmesg:
uhid0: <Sony PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller, class 0/0, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2>
on uhub0
uhid0: unexpected endpoint
device_attach: uhid0 attach returned 6

Sony released a Linux Kernel Patch which adds a quirk for the Controller
back in January 2007.
(Linux now has even BT support, but I think that this has lower priority
since BT support depends on USB support),

I would add USB support for it, but neither do I know if the patch has
something to do with the 'unexpected endpoint' error
nor do I have the knowledge to accomplish this 'mission' :). That means I do
know C, but I don't know where
to add the few lines (actually about 25 lines) from the patch.

So, it would be nice if someone would help me to do that. :)

btw: Why is there such a bad joystick support? The BSD joystick driver only
supports 2 buttons and 2 axis.

Thanks,
    Deniz Sarikaya