EHCI Problem on FreeBSD arm port

Mark Tinguely tinguely at casselton.net
Sat May 9 19:25:33 UTC 2009

>  On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 3:09 PM, Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net> wrote:
>
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > If the strings are corrupt I would guess at a busdma issue.
>
>  thank you, adding a "flush all" instruction makes the USB controller
>  works properly.
>
>  Now i should check the implementation of the FA526 invalidate/flush
>  instruction, because I shouldn't need the extra flush instruction if
>  bus_dmamap_sync works properly, right?.
>
>  > Are you running stock 8-current ?
>
>  yes

Sounds like the multiple kernel mapping problem in ARM. It was mentioned
when the new USB stack was comitted. Muliple kernel mappings can also
occur in other situations.

There is a patch that has been around for a month and is about to be
committed. I just put three counters in the patch to determine if
PG_UNMANAGED pages could also be shared.

--Mark Tinguely