usbdevs -v

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Mar 22 13:28:20 PDT 2009

In message: <20090322.141641.1942082123.imp at bsdimp.com>
            "M. Warner Losh" <imp at bsdimp.com> writes:
: In message: <49C68EBB.8090306 at telenix.org>
:             Chuck Robey <chuckr at telenix.org> writes:
: :
: : Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
: : > On Sunday 22 March 2009, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: : >> So what's the new way to say usbdevs -v?  usbconfig list doesn't list
: : >> device IDs.  And devinfo doesn't show a device unless it is attached
: : >> to a driver.
: : >
: : > usbconfig dump_device_desc | grep id
: :
: : Is this usbconfig interface planned to be the only remaining tool?  Having only
: : those difficult to remember long form commands makes this tool quite user
: : unfriendly.  In my own system, I'm going to have to implement a shell shim, to
: : help me out.  Doesn't this seem hard to remember, to anyone else?
:
: I'd be happy with a 'usbconfig list -v' for this request.  usbdevs
: does little more than that.  That would make the usbdevs "program"
:
: #!/bin/sh
: exec usbconfig list $*
:
: (or is that list bit "$*", I forget).

Oh, just ran the man page, and it is a little more than that...  -f is
the only hard one to implement...

Warner