Xorg 7.4 and umass devices - a bad combination?

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Wed Mar 18 12:59:11 PDT 2009

Hello,

More testing.
- I verified that listing the firewire drive while Xorg is running
doesn't seeem to cause any errors.
So I thought: what happens if I start Xorg (using startx), then exit it
and _then_ do an 'ls' on the usb drives?

First try: 'startx', do a couple of commands (like 'date', 'pwd'), the
exit Xorg again. Then do 'ls' on the usb drives. Result: it works
without errors.

Second try: 'startx', do a couple of commands (like 'date', 'pwd'), the
exit Xorg again. Then do 'ls' on the usb drives. Result: the erors are
back.

--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen