problem with usb printer

Alexander Best alexbestms at math.uni-muenster.de
Sun Mar 15 12:35:18 PDT 2009

i recompiled my kernel using the usb1 stack and was able to print a perfect
testpage.

i was able to print using the gdi driver (ulpt and unlpt) and printing with
the splix2 driver also works. the splix version from the ports dir doesn't
work for some reason.

i now installed 4 printers in cups: splix2 (ulpt and unlpt) and gdi (ulpt and
unlpt). i'll try to recompile my kernel (usb2) with and without the patches
and see if one of those combinations works.

cheers.