problem with usb printer

Alexander Best alexbestms at math.uni-muenster.de
Sun Mar 15 11:26:46 PDT 2009

i applied the patches. now every time i try to print something the printer
indicates an error (red light blinking). i can however turn off the printer
and then turn it on again with the printer getting detached and attached
properly. if i try to print something after the first attempt to print the
issue i described beforehand occurs. cupsd cannot be killed and usb devices
cannot be attached/detached. running lp* and usbconfig doesn't work anymore. i
need to reboot.

cheers.