problem with usb printer

Alexander Best alexbestms at math.uni-muenster.de
Sat Mar 14 11:54:58 PDT 2009

what do you mean by reset the device? turning it off and on again? nothing!
there's no detach notice or attach notice being printed to the console.

what actually happens is this:
when i try to print a testpage from the cups web interface it says "Processing
page 1...". however the print job doesn't get printed. what happens is that a
red light on my printer starts flashing telling me that there's an error. if i
try to print the testpage another time the whole web interface stops
responding. if i run commands like lp or lpq the apps just hang. also running
usbconfig lust let's the application hang.

if i turn off the printer the console get's flooded with the
ulpt_status_callback:328: error=USB_ERR_STALLED
message. before flooding the console with those warnings this one get's
printed out:
ulpt_write_callback:203: state=0x2

if i reboot the system using reboot the flooding stops and the detach info
that wasn't output when i unplugged the device get's printed then.

i'm not sure at which pint exactly the following warnings are being produced:
ulpt_write_callback:203: state=0x0
ulpt_write_callback:203: state=0x1
ulpt_write_callback:203: state=0x1
ulpt_write_callback:203: state=0x2

i'll reboot my machine and check it out.

i tried hitting ctrl+alt+esc. unfortunately i'm not able to use my keyboard
anymore after entering the debugger. :(

cheers.