Device reset

Nick Hibma nick at van-laarhoven.org
Thu Jun 25 13:40:27 UTC 2009

HPS,

In FBSD7 I committed  an ioctl on the ugen.c (some time ago) that allowed
for resetting the device. Not a port on the device, but the device itself.
This was a function that was unimplemented in libusb1 up to then. For
example some Atmel devices need a reset after you uploaded the firmware.

I cannot seem to find this functionality in usb_ioctl.h in teh FBSD8 USB
stack.

Another use for this feature is to be able to reset a device into a known
state, like the 3G dongles that freeze. Power-cycling them is the short way
out of the situation.

Cheers,

Nick