media changes and umass flash card readers

Zane C.B. v.velox at vvelox.net
Tue Jun 9 15:48:35 UTC 2009

This machine here has a USB flash card reader integrated into it. It
works with out issue, minus re-reading the partition and slice info
upon disk change. Is there any way to actually force it to re-read
that information?

Currently the only thing I've come across that works is to either
power cycle the machine or try mounting something on that device,
which will fail even if the specified partition does actually exist.
After it fails I will see the proper dev entries for it and will work
the second time.