How to retrieve iManufacturer/iProduct information from libusb20?

Jack Twilley jmt at twilley.org
Sun Jun 7 03:03:22 UTC 2009

I have been looking through the source to usbconfig and other tools
trying to figure out how to retrieve the iManufacturer and iProduct
strings.  The libusb20 man page describes the
libusb20_dev_get_device_desc() function but there's no useful
information on the struct it returns.  The include file looks as if the
struct is automagically generated by macros within macros which is too
complicated for me to figure out without help.  Any ideas?  There's
gotta be a better way than using LIBUSB20_DEVICE_DESC()...

Jack.