usb/135206: machine reboots when inserted USB device

Volker volker at vwsoft.com
Thu Jun 4 23:00:11 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR usb/135206; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Volker <volker at vwsoft.com>
To: TOGAWA Satoshi <toga at puyo.org>
Cc: Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net>,
 freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org, freebsd-usb at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: Re: usb/135206: machine reboots when inserted USB device
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 20:46:45 +0200

 On 12/23/-58 20:59, TOGAWA Satoshi wrote:
 > On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 13:27:52 +0200
 > Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net> wrote:

 >>> FreeBSD nayuki.vegalta.org 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #22: Sun May 31
 >>> 23:11:59 JST 2009     togawa at nayuki.vegalta.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/NAYUKI
 >>>  i386

 >>> When I insert USB device on DELL Inspiron mini 9, machine hangs up and
 >>> reboot. I can see this with USB reader/writer of microSD and modem card.
 >>>
 >> Do you have any old modules in /boot/modules ?
 >>
 >> --HPS
 >>

 > My /boot/modules is empty and there isn't directory /boot/kernel.old .

 Togawa,

 at first, it may eventually make sense to see a kernel panic backtrace -
 without that, it's guesswork (tm). Can you show us your kernel config?
 But please try to sync your binaries (kernel + kld's + world) first.

 Not related to your problem, you should fix your thumb drive / sdhc
 module slices and fix filesystem labels.

 Volker