usb/135206: machine reboots when inserted USB device

Volker volker at vwsoft.com
Thu Jun 4 21:44:22 UTC 2009

On 12/23/-58 20:59, TOGAWA Satoshi wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 13:27:52 +0200
> Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net> wrote:

>>> FreeBSD nayuki.vegalta.org 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #22: Sun May 31
>>> 23:11:59 JST 2009     togawa at nayuki.vegalta.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/NAYUKI
>>>  i386

>>> When I insert USB device on DELL Inspiron mini 9, machine hangs up and
>>> reboot. I can see this with USB reader/writer of microSD and modem card.
>>>
>> Do you have any old modules in /boot/modules ?
>>
>> --HPS
>>

> My /boot/modules is empty and there isn't directory /boot/kernel.old .

Togawa,

at first, it may eventually make sense to see a kernel panic backtrace -
without that, it's guesswork (tm). Can you show us your kernel config?
But please try to sync your binaries (kernel + kld's + world) first.

Not related to your problem, you should fix your thumb drive / sdhc
module slices and fix filesystem labels.

Volker