ulpt(EPSON PM-820C Inkjet Printer) does not work on 8-current

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Wed Jul 15 15:29:02 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 15 July 2009 16:00:32 MIHIRA Sanpei Yoshiro wrote:
> Hi.
>
> >Replace the USB files in your system with the ones in the attached
> > tarball.
> >
> >Then build a new kernel and report again.
> >
> >FreeBSD 8-current only.
> >
> >tar -jxvf usb_files.tar.bz2 -C /sys/dev/usb
>
> I replace usb stack, and tested.
>
> > [Problem 1] /etc/devd.conf does not work.
>
>   o patched driver still has problem, I Think.
>
> > [Problem 2] print job was stop at printing
>
>   at first time, I got success output(with manual printf).
>   But at second time, still has problem....
>       o Printer's status LED was brinking.
>       o FreeBSD 8-current box was no messages in dmesg /var/log/message.

Hi,

Try removing the following two pieces of code from sys/dev/usb/serial/ulpt.c:

                /* clear stall first */
                mtx_lock(&sc->sc_mtx);
                usbd_xfer_set_stall(sc->sc_xfer[ULPT_BULK_DT_RD]);
                mtx_unlock(&sc->sc_mtx);

                /* clear stall first */
                mtx_lock(&sc->sc_mtx);
                usbd_xfer_set_stall(sc->sc_xfer[ULPT_BULK_DT_WR]);
                mtx_unlock(&sc->sc_mtx);

Then recompile the kernel or just the ulpt module if you load it.