settings usb mouse rate

Alexander Best alexbestms at math.uni-muenster.de
Tue Jul 14 16:29:54 UTC 2009

you were right. i attached a different usb mouse and setting the rate to 10 or
100 didn't cause the random copy&paste issue.

what's the reason the usb polling rate is limited to 1000? performance?
because gaming devices feature a very high rate. would be great to have full
support for them. i've seen laser mice with a rate of 10.000.

i've attached the output of hw.usb.ums.debug=15 and included a note where the
copy&paste occured. however when the debug output is enabled the random
copy&paste issue doesn't appear that often. if a disable the debug output ~ 2
lines per second get pasted to the console when moving the mouse.

alex