USB2 patches

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Jan 31 19:33:04 PST 2009

In message: <20090201030628.GE65558 at elvis.mu.org>
            Alfred Perlstein <alfred at freebsd.org> writes:
: I'll defer to Hans if he feels confident or not about this.

These changes all look good to me....

: For what it's worth, we're about to switch GENERIC to use
: usb4bsd.

Moving files or just changing names...

Warner

: -Alfred
:
: * Andrew Thompson <thompsa at FreeBSD.org> [090131 15:20] wrote:
: > Hi,
: >
: >
: > I have several patches in my svn user branch that I would like to see
: > committed to HEAD. Some of these change the usb2 core code so I am
: > interested in feedback or shootdowns. I am right behind the change to
: > USB2 and this is an effort to help.
: >
: > The patch can be found here,
: >  http://people.freebsd.org/~thompsa/usb_head1.diff
: >  73 files changed, 9229 insertions(+), 13261 deletions(-)
: >
: > but its rather large so it may be easier to look at the various changes
: > via the svn web interface.
: >
: > http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base/user/thompsa/usb/
: >
: >
: > r187750
: >   http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base?view=revision&revision=187750
: >
: >   Change over to using taskqueue(9) instead of hand rolled threads and
: >   the config_td system. This removes the config_td code and makes the
: >   API much simpler to use.
: >
: > r187751, r187752, r187753, r187754, r187755, r187756
: >   http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base?view=revision&revision=187751
: >
: >   Change over to usb2_proc w/ taskqueues for the usb2/ethernet,
: >   usb2/serial and usb2/wlan code.
: >
: > r187965
: >   http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base?view=revision&revision=187965
: >
: >   Move most of the ifnet logic into the usb2_ethernet module, this includes,
: >    - make all usb ethernet interfaces named ue%d
: >    - handle all threading in usb2_ethernet
: >    - provide default ioctl handler
: >    - handle mbuf rx
: >    - provide locked callbacks for init,start,stop,etc
: >
: >   The drivers are not much more than data pushers now.
: >
: >
: > regards,
: > Andrew