USB2 patches

Andrew Thompson thompsa at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 31 15:39:50 PST 2009

Hi,

I have several patches in my svn user branch that I would like to see
committed to HEAD. Some of these change the usb2 core code so I am
interested in feedback or shootdowns. I am right behind the change to
USB2 and this is an effort to help.

The patch can be found here,
 http://people.freebsd.org/~thompsa/usb_head1.diff

but its rather large so it may be easier to look at the various changes
via the svn web interface.

http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base/user/thompsa/usb/

r187750
  http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base?view=revision&revision=187750

  Change over to using taskqueue(9) instead of hand rolled threads and
  the config_td system. This removes the config_td code and makes the
  API much simpler to use.

r187751, r187752, r187753, r187754, r187755, r187756
  http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base?view=revision&revision=187751

  Change over to usb2_proc w/ taskqueues for the usb2/ethernet,
  usb2/serial and usb2/wlan code.

r187965
  http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base?view=revision&revision=187965

  Move most of the ifnet logic into the usb2_ethernet module, this includes,
   - make all usb ethernet interfaces named ue%d
   - handle all threading in usb2_ethernet
   - provide default ioctl handler
   - handle mbuf rx
   - provide locked callbacks for init,start,stop,etc

  The drivers are not much more than data pushers now.

regards,
Andrew