recently happend kernel panics regarding usb

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Mon Jan 26 11:03:38 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm experiencing recently happend kernel panics while making bacula
backups on my external USB harddisk. It first happened some days ago
while I was running 6.4-PRERLEASE. I then updated to 6.4-STABLE and
enabled all the kernel debugging stuff.

I've uploaded "screenshots" (including backtrace) here:

http://pics.pofo.de/gallery/v/misc/

I'm now not sure if the external USB-case, the PATA harddisk or the USB
controler is dying - or if it is a FreeBSD problem. The USB case which I
had before died after 1.5 years of usage without any notice from one day
to another... maybe this one here is now dying too but with some noise?

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/