usb/130024: [newusb] Sun Type 7 Unix keyboard doesn't work with usb2

Renato Botelho garga at freebsd.org
Wed Jan 7 08:40:05 PST 2009

The following reply was made to PR usb/130024; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Renato Botelho <garga at freebsd.org>
To: Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at freebsd.org>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: usb/130024: [newusb] Sun Type 7 Unix keyboard doesn't work
	with usb2
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 14:10:02 -0200

 On Sat, Jan 03, 2009 at 12:54:21AM +0100, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Have you tried on different computers?

 Yes, at home, same problem.

 > Is the problem the same everwhere?

 Yes

 > Are you willing to sponsor one of those keyboards for debugging purpose?

 Sorry, but i just have one of these available :( I know more freebsd users
 are using sun keyboards, i don't know if anyone could donate one.

 > Could you attach to this PR dumps of the keyboard descriptors using the
 > usbconfig dump commands? See "usbconfig -h" if you need help.
 >
 > For example:
 >
 > usbconfig -u xxx -a yyy dump_curr_config_desc dump_device_desc
 >
 > And: "dmesg | grep -i usb"

 I'll find a ps/2 keyboard here and make the tests for you at least tomorrow

 --
 Renato Botelho <garga @ FreeBSD.org>
                <garga @ freebsdbrasil.com.br>

 Many hands make light work.