usb/132066: [ukbd] Keyboard failure USB keyboard DELL 760

Judah Levine jlevine at boulder.nist.gov
Thu Feb 26 16:46:23 PST 2009

Hello,
    I have done some additional playing around and I am writing
to tell you my results:
    1. All keys except for Caps lock and num lock seem to work
properly. The combination Control-Z is recognized correctly.
Also Shift + key gives the correct shift to upper case on both
the letters and the numbers.
    2. Holding down a letter key causes the letter to repeat
as expected.
    3. The numeric keypad and the arrow keys work as expected.
    4. When you push caps lock, the corresponding light on
the keyboard goes on for about 1 second, goes off, goes on
again, goes off again and stays off. The num lock light does
the same thing.
    5. The system boots up with num lock on. If you push the
num lock key, the corresponding light goes off and stays off.

   In both cases 4 and 5, the keyboard is disabled -- I cannot
find any key combination that does anything. This includes
control-alt-delete. The only fix is to push the power button.

    The same system works ok with Win XP. (The system is
dual-boot).
    I have upgraded the BIOS firmware from A01 to A02. No
change.

    Finally, it looks like Debian Linux has some problems with
the same hardware. Are these troubles related?

At 03:49 AM 2/25/2009, gavin at FreeBSD.org wrote:
>Synopsis: [ukbd] Keyboard failure USB keyboard DELL 760
>
>State-Changed-From-To: feedback->open
>State-Changed-By: gavin
>State-Changed-When: Wed Feb 25 10:49:12 UTC 2009
>State-Changed-Why:
>Feedback received, thanks!
>
>http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=132066

Judah Levine