usb/98343: [boot] BBB reset failed errors with Creative Muvo MP3 player; can't boot with external USB 2.0 drive powered up

Markus Hitter mah at jump-ing.de
Sun Feb 15 03:10:05 PST 2009

The following reply was made to PR usb/98343; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Markus Hitter <mah at jump-ing.de>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org,
 wtd at pobox.com
Subject: Re: usb/98343: [boot] BBB reset failed errors with Creative Muvo MP3 player; can't boot with external USB 2.0 drive powered up
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 12:04:45 +0100

 All my USB pen drive trouble disappeared after installing (parts of)
 Hans Petter Selasky's i4b package (which is currently introduced as
 usb2 into Current/8):

 cd /usr
 svn --username anonsvn --password anonsvn \
        checkout svn://svn.turbocat.net/i4b/trunk/i4b
 cd i4b/FreeBSD.usb2
 make S=../src package
 make install

 Then build a new kernel (same kernel config), install it and you
 should be done. I've tested OHCI and EHCI, both didn't show a single
 mistake after an hour of formatting and shuffling hundreds of
 megabytes of files around. Thanks a lot to Hans Petter.