USB2 & apcupsd

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Sat Feb 14 01:34:29 PST 2009

On Saturday 14 February 2009, Noriyoshi Kawano wrote:
> Hi, Hans.
>
> I'm sorry. dmesg of the former email disabled apcupsd.
> dmesg which enabled apcupsd is follows.

Hi,

As long as you don't see ugenX.Y attach/detach messages, it means that the
Apcupsd daemon is doing something. Probably it is the "usb_link_check()"
procedure that is executing and the connection is reset by the following
code:

      if (my_data->fd) {
         usb_reset(my_data->fd);
/* XXX: usb_close() not needed according to libusb0.1 refdocs */
	usb_close(my_data->fd);

Could you enable debugging in Apcupsd ?

What speed is your device reported like by usbconfig ?