Guide to porting old (usb) driver to new (usb2) framework?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 11 08:30:23 PST 2009

Hello, Hans.
You wrote 8 февраля 2009 г., 23:38:38:

> The only guide is to look at exisiting USB serial port drivers. With regard to
> MosChip there already exits a umoscom2.c
  Yep, it is old, single-port chip, with different registers layout.

  BTW, datasheets on 7820/7840 chips are not complete, and some
registers are left in driver as `magic' numbers. I don't like it, but
Moschip doesn't answer on e-mails :(

> Is your device multi port or single port?
 4 ports.

> It should be quite trivial to make a device driver for a serial port device.
 Yep, cleanup of existing "driver" (it was ugly) was
straightforward. This provided  "driver" can't even send BREAK signal :)

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>