Guide to porting old (usb) driver to new (usb2) framework?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Sun Feb 8 11:40:57 PST 2009

Hello, Freebsd-usb.

  I have some interesting device: USB2 4xSerial controller. It is
based on MosChip 7840 chip, and provided with very ugly driver for
FreeBSD 6/7 (open source!)

 I'm rewriting and cleanup driver right now, and want ot commit it to
FreeBSD source tree.

 But as far as I understand, old-framework based driver is not actual
for -CURRENT, and I need to provide version for new framework too.

 Is here any documentation on new (and old, to be honest) USB
framework API?

  http://wiki.freebsd.org/USB doesn't give any useful information for
developer.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>