HEADSUP usb2/usb4bsd to become default in GENERIC

Alfred Perlstein alfred at freebsd.org
Sat Feb 7 21:21:11 PST 2009

* Maxim Sobolev <sobomax at FreeBSD.org> [090206 01:50] wrote:
> Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> >      - Update GENERIC to use usb2 device names.
>
> Wasn't there a plan to rename usb2 devices to match oldusb names (where
> applicable) once oldusb had been killed? I don't see it in the list.

Probably, although coming from the other side as a user I find it pretty
annoying when there's somewhat gratuitous changes to the kernel config
files that I don't really care about that cause my kernels to break.

Doing it once is probably enough, but let me know if this is really,
really important...

Basically, calling it usb2 isn't as bad as renaming it back to "usb"
as it's less disruptive in my book.

If a lot of people poke me about renaming it, we'll get it done,
but I don't really believe in it.

--
- Alfred Perlstein