usb/140160: [usb8] [acpi] USB ports are no longer "active" after ACPI suspend/resume cycle.

Mark Duller mark.duller at oerc.ox.ac.uk
Fri Dec 18 07:50:02 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR usb/140160; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mark Duller <mark.duller at oerc.ox.ac.uk>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, jamesbrandongooch at gmail.com
Subject: Re: usb/140160: [usb8] [acpi] USB ports are no longer "active" after
 ACPI suspend/resume cycle.
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 07:41:51 +0000

 With 8.0-Release I can reproduce what Brandon describes. If I do
 not unload uhci before a suspend, USB ports work fine after the
 first resume, but any subsequent suspend/resume cycles make the USB
 ports no longer "active" (the USB ports appear to have no power). Even
 if the uhci driver is unloaded after the first suspend/resume cycle, the
 next suspend/resume cycle will result in 'inactive' USB ports.

 If no USB modules have been loaded before the first suspend/resume
 cycle, the USB ports become 'inactive' after resume, although I find I
 can make them active again if I do a subsequent suspend/resume cycle
 after loading some USB modules ("kldload usb umass ehci" in my test).
 It's not clear to me whether this is related to the uhci bug.