logitech vx nano mouse buttons

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Wed Dec 16 20:13:43 UTC 2009

--On Wednesday, December 16, 2009 11:44:21 -0600 Hans Petter Selasky
<hselasky at c2i.net> wrote:

> On Wednesday 16 December 2009 13:56:52 jackal wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm using logitech vx nano mouse at freebsd 8-stable.
>> Everything works fine, except wheel left/right buttons.
>> `cat /dev/ums0' doesn't show anything when pressing this buttons. Any other
>> buttons works fine, including navigation buttons.
>> Is there a way to get this buttons work?

Have you googled for the answer?

http://wiki.eeeuser.com/configure_logitech_vx_nano

http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/topic/504/solved-help-setting-up-side-wheel-buttons/

Section "InputDevice"
      Identifier  "VX Nano"
      Driver      "evdev"
      Option      "Name" "Logitech USB Receiver"
      Option        "Protocol" "evdev"
      Option        "Buttons" "9"
      Option        "SendCoreEvents"
      Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
      Option      "WAxisMapping" "8 9"
EndSection

Obviously the driver will be different on FreeBSD, but the WAxisMapping is the
one that controls the side buttons.

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst