u3g panic

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Thu Apr 2 03:38:37 PDT 2009

At 05:50 AM 4/1/2009, Nick Hibma wrote:
>Mike, and others,
>
>We are working on this panic at the moment and there will be a driver out
>for inclusion in 7.2 (hopefully).
>
>It seems to (almost) make ZTE MF626 work as well (mode switch does not work
>reliably yet). According to Mike Tancsa this driver also makes his Novatel
>device work without having to manually switch the device.
>
>I'd appreciate it if poeple could gives this driver a try to see whether it
>works for them too.
>
>         http://people.freebsd.org/~n_hibma/u3g.html
>
>I am using it as we speak to submit this message and upload the driver
>sources, change the HTML text on that page.

Its working much better now, but I still get the occasional IOERROR

ucom1: <Novatel Wireless Novatel Wireless HSUPA Modem, class 0/0, rev
1.10/0.00, addr 3> on uhub0
ucom1: port=0 iface=0 in=0x82 out=0x2
ucom1: port=1 iface=1 in=0x84 out=0x4
ucom1: configured 2 serial ports (U1.%d)
ucom1: at uhub0 port 3 (addr 3) disconnected
ucom1: ucomreadcb: IOERROR
Still 2 threads in cuaU1.0
Still 2 threads in cuaU1.0
Still 2 threads in cuaU1.0
Still 2 threads in cuaU1.0

And then I have to reboot the box or pull the device to get it to
work again.  I am not sure if the USB stick is crashing or a driver
issue ?    Is there a way from userland to make the device re-attach
in such cases ?  We would like to deploy some of these remotely so
ideally we would like to catch the error and deal with it programatically.

         ---Mike