ucom panic

Steve Franks stevefranks at ieee.org
Thu Oct 30 13:54:28 PDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 5:31 PM, M. Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
> In message: <539c60b90810291648l7567b974h8e0999a66971495b at mail.gmail.com>
>            "Steve Franks" <stevefranks at ieee.org> writes:
> : Perhaps someone can make sense of my backtrace, this is a ucom causes
> : a panic, but only when I open it from one specific program.  If I talk
> : to the ucom with minicom, no issues.  That aside, a panic when talking
> : to any serial port with any program would be considered a bug, right?
>
> Is there any way you could boot a -current kernel?  I think this is a
> bug I fixed in -current, but maybe didn't back merge to 7...
>
> Warner

I have a rather older amd64 kernel that didn't do it until I rebuilt
the day before yesterday (now that's bad luck), and my internal umass
drive seems to panic both (amd64 & i386) pretty reliably...is there a
fresbie for current?  I suppose the regular snapshot CD would be
sufficient as well, right?

How about the stability of the rest of current?  This is my work
desktop, and all my files are offsite, so I'm not too concerned about
weekly reliability, if I get better hw support day-to-day...do you run
current on any of your workstations?

Alternatively, is there a patch for 7-stable?  My work is as an OEM,
and all our devices get programmed over a ucom bootloader.  I'm pretty
much stuck until this is fixed...

Steve