FreeBSD and Huawei E220 again - which is the best patch for RELENG_7 and RELENG_6?

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Fri Oct 24 15:58:03 UTC 2008

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 00:55:14 +0200
Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no> wrote:

> And I have just tested the e220-patch-6.3 patch from the second pr[2]
> on a machine running RELENG_6:
> root at kg-omni1# uname -a
> FreeBSD kg-omni1.kg4.no 6.4-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.4-PRERELEASE #1: Mon
> Oct 20 19:23:26 CEST 2008
> root at kg-omni1.kg4.no:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/I81K  i386
> [snip]
> It seems I need more tries to get it to attach here.
> On this machine I haven't done any more testing yet.

Update: the RELENG_6 machine is my gateway. I am now connected to the
internet via the E220:
root at kg-omni1# ifconfig tun0
tun0: flags=8051<UP,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
	inet 89.8.89.95 --> 10.2.1.5 netmask 0xffffffff
	Opened by PID 46510

The main problem wasn't in geting the E220 working, it was with me
remembering and re-learning about ppp, dns, firewall and stuff.
Man, how much I have forgotten over the years!
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen