usb2 bulk read optimization ?

Thierry Herbelot thierry.herbelot at free.fr
Fri Nov 28 07:07:20 PST 2008

Hello,

another day, another question :

I'm done converting an old "userland driver" to usb2 and libusb20 - and it
works ! (using the libusb API, for the time being).

The application is a data capture from a bulk endpoint, and I can't get more
than around 8 Mbps. The data are formatted as URBs of 40 kbytes.

This may be expected, as the machine is an oldish Pentium-III, with an
additional Acer-based USB-2 extension card.

(still, I have recompiled the -current kernel without the INVARIANTS and
WITNESS options)

I have had a quick look at the code of libusb20 and tried an increase of
bufsize in usb_get_transfer_by_ep_no, but with no discernable improvements.

	Any idea ?

	thanks

	TfH