USB Smart card reader/writer problem

Vladimir Terziev vlady at gbservices.biz
Thu Mar 6 17:16:48 UTC 2008

	Hi,

	i have ACS ACR38T Smart card reader/write device (idVendor=0x072f, idProduct=0x90cc), which is an USB stick. I try to make it to work under FreeBSD (trys have been done on 5.4, 5.5 and 6.2).

	The device has 3 endpoints -- interrupt-in, configured as /dev/ugenX.1 and bulk-in/bulk-out, configured as /dev/ugenX.2.

	Neither the driver from openct-0.6.14 port nor the driver from ccid-1.3.5 port work for the device.

	The communication with the device gets stuck on BULK-OUT operations. write(2) calls to /dev/ugenX.2 hang forever despite the timeout set with USB_SET_TIMEOUT.

	The device has been tested to work under Windoze, so as general, it's not broken, but just irresponsive.

	Could someone give me some clues about the nature of the problem ?

	Thanks in advance!

		Vladimir