Wireless USB Linksys WUSB54GC

Harry Matthiesn Jensen freebsd at elgert.dk
Tue Jun 24 07:55:12 UTC 2008

Hello list,

I just got a wireless USB dongle, Linksys WUSB54GC.

In the first place I thought it would work with if_ural, but just
discovered that only WUSB54G and WUSB54GP is supported.

..but maybe some of you guys can figure out if a little change in the
software will make this model working.

When the dongle is inserted, following appears in the dmesg output:

rum0: <Cisco-Linksys Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter, class 0/0, rev
2.00/0.01, addr 2> on uhub6
rum0: MAC/BBP RT2573 (rev 0x2573a), RF RT2528
rum0: WARNING: using obsoleted IFF_NEEDSGIANT flag

And when removed:

rum0: at uhub6 port 1 (addr 2) disconnected
rum0: could not multi read MAC register: IOERROR
rum0: could not multi write MAC register: IOERROR
rum0: could not multi write MAC register: IOERROR
rum0: could not multi write MAC register: IOERROR
rum0: detached

On the dongle is following information:
Model No: WUSB54GC
Serial No: MLF00H262632
FCC ID: Q87-WUSB54GC
IC: 3839A-WUSB54GC

uname:
FreeBSD mugin.localhost 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #9: Mon Jun 23
13:43:03 CEST 2008     root at mugin.localhost:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MUGIN
i386

My hardware:
Toshiba Laptop, Satellite Pro L40

--
Mvh/Brgds Harry
FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT Compiled at Mon Jun 23 13:43:03 CEST 2008  i386