usb/124604: Wireless Mouse doesn't work

Rashid N. Achilov achilov-rn at askd.ru
Mon Jun 23 04:34:40 UTC 2008

On Sunday 22 June 2008, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> > WHY FREEBSD STILL HAS NOT SUPPROT OF USB TWINS (KBD AND
> > MOUSE AT ONE USB RECEIVER)???
>
> Please remember that there is crappy USB equipment out there that has been
and
> will only work with MS Windows.

Sorry, why when FreeBSD lack support of some hardware, it inevitably marks
as "MS only"? USB is our future. It will be, independent of our wishes. I
hacd have seen already motherboard WITHOUT ANY ports, except USB - USB mouse,
USB keyboard, USB printer, etc.

I'd like to use FreeBSD to day-by-day work. But why I must use uncomfortable
corded mouse or buy one additional USB mouse simply because proud FreeBSD
developers cannot support combined USB receivers?

USB support in FreeBSD works terrible - I fear to insert any flash drive in my
workbox, because these drives can very simply to hangup, deadlock or reboot
it - simply insertion of flashdrive can reboot system, which approved itself
as hardrock stable!

I do not sharp attention on this thinhg, as when I need to re-plug each time
USB keyboard to detect it at boot process. It is very similar to stupid
comedy - to detect keyboard I must re-plug it. ROFL.

I can only repeat one sentence, which I said sometime - "Snobbing and
contempting of users' requests can destroy any succesful project". That was
done with OS/2, i.e.
--
   With Best Regards.
   Rashid N. Achilov (RNA1-RIPE), Web: http://www.askd.ru/~shelton