usb/125238: Habu Mouse turns off in X

Chris Pet chrispetso at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 16:10:05 UTC 2008

>Number:         125238
>Category:       usb
>Synopsis:       Habu Mouse turns off in X
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Habu mouse does get detected as a mouse in 7.0-rel but it does in stable. The issue I have is with the mouse when it's used in X. I am using Gnome when ever I use the mouse a lot the mouse tends to stop working or turn off and the only way to make it work again is by changing virtual consoles and then going back to x but this doesn't fix it permanently. This is getting very frustrating as I don't wish to purchase a cheaper PS/2 mouse to please FreeBSD even though it's very tempting due to the reliability and stability FreeBSD offers over other OS's such as Linux and Windows.
>How-To-Repeat:
Have a Microsoft Habu mouse plugged in and use X, eventually the mouse will stop working.
>Fix:
No working fix after doing some personal experiments.