[SOLVED] Re: Problem with usb4bsd rev566

Stefan Lambrev stefan.lambrev at moneybookers.com
Tue Jan 15 12:30:31 PST 2008

Hi Hans,

Thanks for your response.
I'm little puzzled right now :)

I'm looking at i4b/trunk/i4b/src/sys/dev/usb/usb_transfer.c
The logic in rev 566 in case 4 is to call
                usbd_callback_wrapper(xfer[0], info, USBD_CONTEXT_CALLBACK);
                usbd_callback_wrapper(xfer[1], info, USBD_CONTEXT_CALLBACK);
                usbd_callback_wrapper(xfer[2], info, USBD_CONTEXT_CALLBACK);
                usbd_callback_wrapper(xfer[3], info, USBD_CONTEXT_CALLBACK);

not just: usbd_callback_wrapper(xfer[3], info, USBD_CONTEXT_CALLBACK);

Am I right?

If yes please consider the attached patch (the patch is against rev 566)
- it will
remove lockcheck_0/1 lables, all "goto" to them and uint8_t dropcount;
is not not needed (less needed memory?)

Also for i4b/trunk/i4b/src/sys/dev/usb/usb_port.h
#define thread_lock(td) mtx_lock_spin(&sched_lock)
#define thread_unlock(td) mtx_unlock_spin(&sched_lock)

Those should not be defined as they are already defined in
sys/sys/mutex.h - Revision 1.96 (which is part of RELENG_7 and RELENG_7_0)
and the code will not compile, thus the need of special case for
versions >= 700000 and < 800000

--

Best Wishes,
Stefan Lambrev