usb/121168: Kernel panic when try to unmount removed usbdrive

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Feb 28 15:18:18 UTC 2008

In message: <20080228092108.GB83599 at server.vk2pj.dyndns.org>
            Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy at optushome.com.au> writes:
: On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 01:36:27PM +0600, Rashid N. Achilov wrote:
: >But their place now occupied by USB Flash drives, which you can easily
: >extract without unmounting. And "I'll back" :-) - when you extract mounted
: >flashdrive, kernel panics again...
: >
: >For me, USB subsystem in FreeBSD works terrible.
:
: Unfortunately, your patches to correct this don't seem to have made it
: through the mailing list software.  Could you please resend them.

And the situation in *MUCH* better in -current...  There you often can
get away with pulling the drive.

Warner