usb/121052: Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 (model 1049) doesn't work

Kai Wang kaiwang27 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 22:50:03 UTC 2008

The following reply was made to PR usb/121052; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Kai Wang <kaiwang27 at gmail.com>
To: Oliver Herold <oliver at akephalos.de>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: usb/121052: Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 (model 1049)
	doesn't work
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 23:17:45 +0100

 On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 01:01:10PM +0000, Oliver Herold wrote:
 > Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 (model 1049) doesn't work at all.
 >
 > ums1: <Microsoft Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse with Tilt Wheel, class 0/0, rev 2.00/1.20, addr 4> on uhub0
 > ums1: 3 buttons and Z dir and a TILT dir. If I move the mouse the pointer will just go down and makes some bogus movement, but nothing useful.
 >
 > Tried different configs in Xorg etc. but to no avail.
 >
 > usbdev:
 >
 > port 4 addr 4: low speed, power 100 mA, config 1, Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse with Tilt Wheel(0x00d2), Microsoft(0x045e), rev 1.20
 >    ums1

 Hello Oliver,

 Could you please dump the report descriptor of your mouse and paste it
 here, so we can have more information?

 You can do this by:

 First download
    http://people.freebsd.org/~kaiw/tools/krepdump.tgz

 # tar xzvf krepdump.tgz
 # cd krepdump
 # make
 # kldload ./krepdump.ko

 Then plug in your mouse, the report descriptor will dump to the console,
 you can use "dmesg" to see it.

 --
 Kai