usb/65769: [ucom] Call to tcflush(x, TCIFLUSH) stops input on usb-serial forever

Rudolf Cejka cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz
Thu Feb 14 02:20:02 PST 2008

The following reply was made to PR usb/65769; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz>
To: Volker <volker at vwsoft.com>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: usb/65769: [ucom] Call to tcflush(x, TCIFLUSH) stops input on
	usb-serial forever
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:58:53 +0100

 Volker wrote (2008/02/14):
 > just came across your really old PR and am wondering if this is still
 > an issue with recent releases (6.x/7.0)?

 Uff, it is really very long time and I could not easily repeat exactly
 the same steps with remote kernel debugging, however I tried to connect
 two FreeBSD 6.2-STABLEs using identical USB-to-Serial converter with
 self-patched tip forcing calling tcflush(fd, TCIFLUSH) and/or
 tcflush(fd, TCIOFLUSH) and it seems that it is working now. On the
 other side, please look at cvsweb, src/sys/dev/usb/ucom.c, revisions
 1.56 (3 years ago) and 1.64 (7 months ago), where the first change tries
 to fix this PR and the second tries to fix another consequent problem,
 however I hope that the solution survived and the problem is solved even
 in the most current sources, so you can close this PR.

 Regards.

 --
 Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~cejkar
 Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology