FreeBSD 6.2 and USB Serial Port

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Apr 12 18:41:08 UTC 2008

In message: <001701c89cc5$9170fa90$d8c126d0 at HPPAVILLION>
            "Thomas D. Dean" <tomdean at speakeasy.org> writes:
: I attempted to use a Prolific Technology USB-Serial Controller on FreeBSD 6.2.
:
: I have ucom and uftdi loaded.
:
: I am using a Logitech Receiver for keyboard and mouse on usb0 addr1, port2.
:
: I connect the USB-Serial Controller to usb1 addr1 port1.  usbdevs shows it.
:
: When I connect the device, I see the console message and ugen1,ugen1.[1-3] in /dev.  However, none of cuaUx or ttyUx are created.
:
: What am I doing wrong?

You eed to load uplcom instead of uftdi.

Warner