MP3 Player not recognized by USB stack

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Thu Apr 10 22:40:01 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 12:03:20PM +0200, Marcin Cieslak wrote:
>Peter Jeremy wrote:
>> I am getting timeouts and I/O errors when I connect my MP3 player to
>> my desktop.  The MP3 player works OK on my laptop.  Both are running
>> 7-stable/amd64 from about a month ago.  The MP3 player does require
>> adding a new vendor to usbdevs and a SCSI quirk but this has been done
>> on both systems.  Can anyone suggest where to start investigating?
>
>Is your laptop also using ehci?

Yes.  I also neglected to mention that my laptop is also using ohci,
whereas the desktop is uhci.  This shouldn't have any effect (and the
lack of uchi/ohci debug output tends to support this) but I suspect
it may be associated with the problem.

> Can you nuke ehci driver on your desktop
>and see if this works?

The MP3 player is then not recognized at all.  Note that USB1 _is_
working on my desktop because the keyboard and mouse are working.

--
Peter Jeremy