usb/91546: [umodem] [patch] Nokia 6630 mobile phone does not work

Eugene Grosbein eugen at kuzbass.ru
Wed Sep 26 07:30:28 PDT 2007

The following reply was made to PR usb/91546; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Eugene Grosbein <eugen at kuzbass.ru>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Cc: "M. Warner Losh" <imp at bsdimp.com>, usb at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: usb/91546: [umodem] [patch] Nokia 6630 mobile phone does not work
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 22:28:02 +0800

 On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 07:32:01PM +0800, Eugene Grosbein wrote:
 > On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Warner Losh wrote:
 >
 > > My modem doesn't have a CM descriptor and I quirked it before.  I
 > > moved the quirk code and it works now without it.  The Union code
 > > from NetBSD didn't look relevant at all when you chased down all the
 > > things that it actually did, but maybe I missed something.
 >
 > > Given that umodem from current should just work on -stable w/o any
 > > changes (you may need ucom too, which does need one or two changes),
 > > it would be worth a shot at trying it.
 >
 > I've taken umodem.c,v 1.71 (no changes) and ucom.c,v 1.64 (one-line
 > change for ttycreate() call) from CURRENT, rebuild kernel modules
 > and tried - no luck, it's attached as ugen:
 >
 > umodem_get_desc: no CM desc
 > ugen2: Nokia Nokia E50, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2

 Please take a look at this also:
 http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=33192

 It seems that NetBSD's code is not complete for my case too,
 but Linux's cdc-acm.c is able to deal with such devices.

 Eugene Grosbein