No scanners were identified, with new USB driver

Andrew Muhametshin andrew at dobrohot.org
Thu May 10 12:04:19 UTC 2007

Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 May 2007 23:28, Andrew Muhametshin wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I have tried to take advantage of new usb-driver
>> (http://www.turbocat.net/~hselasky/usb4bsd/index.html).
>> But there were problems -- program (sane) cannot find out the device...
>>

> Did you try "kldload uscanner" ?
>
> Then re-plug your scanner and see if it doesn't show up.
>
> --HPS

Yes, thanks, with the module "uscanner", scanner is defined and works.
But too, not without problems.
Each sixth-seventh scanning terminates in failure.
Sometimes, scanning interrupts during process.
And sometimes, lags after moving a scanning CCD-element to initial position.

==================_START ttyv1_====================
# tail -n 0  -f /var/log/messages.log | tee ./hw.usb.debug-04.txt

==================_THE END_======================
*The log-file can be loaded from here:
http://www.dobrohot.org/hw.usb.debug-04.txt.bz2 (28Kb)
or here: http://www.dobrohot.org/hw.usb.debug-04.txt (7.5Mb)

==================_START ttyv2_====================
$ for (( X=1 ; X <= 10 ; X++ )) ; do \
 >    echo $X ; \
 >    sleep 3 && scanimage -v -p --quick-format CD --resolution 800
--mode Color >  /dev/null ; \
 > done
1
scanimage: scanning image of size 3776x3780 pixels at 24 bits/pixel
scanimage: acquiring RGB frame
scanimage: min/max graylevel value = 55/255
scanimage: read 42819840 bytes in total
2
scanimage: scanning image of size 3776x3780 pixels at 24 bits/pixel

...skipping...

7
scanimage: scanning image of size 3776x3780 pixels at 24 bits/pixel
scanimage: acquiring RGB frame
scanimage: min/max graylevel value = 54/255
scanimage: read 42819840 bytes in total
8
scanimage: scanning image of size 3776x3780 pixels at 24 bits/pixel
scanimage: acquiring RGB frame
scanimage: min/max graylevel value = 55/255
scanimage: sane_read: Invalid argument

And as, some programs do not work with the module uscanner (only with
ugen) for example, "/usr/ports/sysutils/scanbuttond".

With the best regards,
Andrew M.