Memory leak / Kernel Panic using snd_uaudio (USB Sound Card)

Hofmann, Laurent laurent at kally.net
Sat Mar 31 15:34:14 UTC 2007

-----Message d'origine-----
> De : Hans Petter Selasky [mailto:hselasky at c2i.net] Envoyé : samedi 31
> mars 2007 14:44 À : freebsd-usb at freebsd.org;
> freebsd-multimedia at freebsd.org Cc : Hofmann, Laurent Objet : Re:
> Memory leak / Kernel Panic using snd_uaudio (USB Sound Card)
>
> I don't know if the current audio system supports more than 2 channels.
>
> There is a knob in uaudio.c that you can tune:
>
> static u_int8_t  uaudio_default_channels = 2;
>
> But you probably have to add some code to tell the upper sound layers
> that there is more than 2 channels!

Still not crashed, your new usb stack seems stable now with snd_uaudio !
Thank you very much for that.

Aside, I do confirm that I was able to either use 2 or 6 channels with the
former driver. My "upper" sound layer (pulseaudio) was formerly able to
start with either 2 or 6 channels using /dev/dsp. Now it crashes if I
specify 6 channels.

It is a little regression, I do not know if it can be addressed easily.

Best Regards,

Laurent H.